The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools program honors schools that are exemplary in the three pillars of:
- Reducing environmental impact and cost
- Improving the health and wellness of students and staff, and
- Providing effective environmental and sustainability education, which incorporates STEM, civic skills and green career pathways.
Congratulations to Kentucky's 2020 nominees: Redwood Cooperative School and Fayette County Public Schools!
The application for next year's nominations will be available at the start of the 2020-21 school year.
- Pre-K-12 schools, public and private
- Pre-K-12 school districts
- Institutions of higher education, public and private
Contact Wesley Bullock at email@example.com for more information about the nomination process.