The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools program honors schools that are exemplary in the three pillars of:
- Reducing environmental impact and cost
- Improving the health and wellness of students and staff, and
- Providing effective environmental and sustainability education, which incorporates STEM, civic skills and green career pathways.
Congratulations to Kentucky's 2023 awardees: Cardinal Valley Elementary in Fayette County and Mary G. Hogsett Primary School in Danville!
To apply for nomination in the 2023-24 school year, submit the application by December 15, 2023.
Kentucky Application for Nomination to US Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools, 2023-24
- Pre-K-12 schools, public and private
- Pre-K-12 school districts
- Institutions of higher education, public and private
Contact Wesley Bullock at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the nomination process.